AWARDS: * Eagle for Best Documentary - Polish Academy Award
* ALPE ADRIA CINEMA AWARD for the Best Documentary - Trieste International Film Festival
* Grand Prix Ex aequo winner - Man in Danger Media Festival
''Anna Zamecka for illustrating a heroic battle aimed at bringing back together a broken family
through the perspective of intimate and in-depth film observations.''
* Grand Prix - Documentary Competition Bratislava International Film Festival
* Grand Prix - Minsk International Film Festival Listapad
* Best Film Award Locarno - Semaine de la critique
* Best Documentary Award - Warsaw Film Festival
Education, Human interest, Social issues, Youth
Running time |
Otter Films - Wajda Studio
When adults are ineffectual, children have to grow up quickly. Ola is 14 and she takes care of her dysfunctional father, autistic brother and a mother who lives separately; but most of all she tries to reunite the family. She lives in the hope of bringing her mother back home. Her 13 year old brother Nikodem’s Holy Communion is a pretext for the family to meet up. Ola is entirely responsible for preparing the perfect family celebration.
Communion reveals the beauty of the rejected, the strength of the weak and the need for change when change seems impossible. This crash course in growing up teaches us that no failure is final. Especially when love is in question.