FESTIVALS: FESTIVALS: * DOK Leipzig
* Doc Point
* Jaipur International Film Festival
* Trieste International Film Festival
* Docs Against Gravity
* Edinburg International Film Festival
* Sydney Film Festival
* AFI Docs
* Five Lakes International Film Festival
* Sarajevoe Film Festival
* Vilnius Doc Film Festival
* 2015 Docu Rough Cut Boutique | Bosnia and Herzegovina
* DOK Leipzig - selected for "Next Masters Competition"
* 2014 IDFA AWARD
* 2014 East European Forum | Czech Republic
AWARDS: * 2015 CAT&DOCS AWARD | Sarajevo
* 2015 SILVER EYE AWARD – Best East and Central European Documentary | Institute Of Documentary Film within Jihlava IDFF | Czech Republic
Cinema, Mon Amour
Arts & Culture, Cinema, Entertainment Human Interest, Politics
Running time |
70' - 52'
Libra Film Productions, Pink Productions, HBO Europe
CINEMA, MON AMOUR follows the story of Viktor Purice - manager, former projectionist and lifetime cinephile and his two loyal employees, Cornelia & Lorena, in their everyday battle to preserve Dacia Panoramic Cinema in Piatra Neamt - one of the last remaining cinemas in Romania today.
Having lived through “the golden age” of cinema, Viktor dreams of bringing back the good old glory days, yet struggles to keep up with the new harsh reality. In a theater that lacks heating and is slowly falling apart, with no support from the State who owns the place, it’s almost a Don Quixote fight.
Although Viktor's family has lived in Italy for more than eight years, he refuses to join them as he cannot break away from the place where he has spent most of his life. He is convinced that the moment he leaves, the cinema will be closed down to face the same destiny as most of the cinemas elsewhere in Romania.